Here’s the recipe as promised (only two days late). So I found this baby five years ago on the food blog The Diva Dish and it still rocks! Plus her other recipes are just as fabulous!
- ½ c. dry quinoa
- 1½ c. vegetable broth
- (OR 1 c. prepared/cooked quinoa)
- 1 c. garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ diced onions
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, bottom stems cut off
- 2 c. spinach
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 juicy lemon, or two not so juicy lemons
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. I like to use a rice cooker on the white rice setting to make it easy!
- Once the quinoa is cooked, set it aside to cool.
- In a food processor, add cilantro and spinach. Process the greens until the are chopped up finely.
- In a bowl, add the chickpeas, chopped greens, tomatoes, avocado, onion, and garlic.
- In a bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together. Pour over the salad.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit in the fridge until ready to eat! Enjoy!
I normally fiddle with recipes a bit because that’s just how I am. I never have with this one because it’s that good. Every. Time. But if you’re planning on making this for the guy you’ve just started seeing and he’s staying over that night…don’t. This salad detoxes, meaning there’s a decent chance you’ll need to shower the next morning because you reek of onion and cumin. But don’t be scared! It’s good. Promise. But just maybe wait until your Facebook official for like 6 months.
Hope you guys enjoy and check out her blog! She has great eats!
– S.S. Jaxon